From 28th September, City Kids is open to all who require childcare. Permitted worker permits no longer required – find out more here.
At City Kids our education and care philosophy encompasses:
- A friendly and welcoming environment for families, visitors and staff
- A nurturing environment for children and a ‘home away from home’ where children are shown love, care and affection
- A safe environment where children feel protected
- A place for children to build social bonds with their educators and peers so they thrive and build confidence as individuals
- A well presented, organized and engaging environment
- High expectations for children and educators
- Challenging physical outdoor environment to encourage risk taking and a sense of achievement for children
- Ample opportunities for independence to build a sense of accomplishment and resilience in children
- Children are involved in everyday tasks in their environment
- Routines are used to ensure there is predictability and children feel safe and secure
- Educators are flexible and use children’s cues to inform decisions
- Children’s differences are respected and approached with care and understanding
- Culture in promoted through children’s interests and everyday events that happen in their lives
- A comprehensive curriculum that is current and informed by the EYLF and VEYLF
- Australia’s history and culture is integrated naturally in the program
- Children’s families are an extension of our own family at City Kids
- Up to date with industry changes and trends to provide the optimal quality education and care including ongoing training and critical reflection as educators
Created by City Kids Educators, children, families and community.
Review on or before October 2020.